You have a lot of choices when thinking about accommodations on this popular resort island: hotels, inns, b&b’s, guest houses, rental houses and even several motels.
Since I am the owner/operator of one of the 45 Bed and Breakfast / Inns on Nantucket, I would highly recommend considering b&b lodging, particularly if you are planning on a 2-5 day visit to Nantucket without your young children.
Here are some suggestions for evaluating your choices when considering a Nantucket b&b/inn:
– Location, location, location
– Reputation, reviews, website appeal
– Your budget vs posted rates
– Personal priorities such as cleanliness, friendly staff, amenities, AC, private bathrooms, views
– Personal attention so you can customize your time on island to your interests–fine dining, beach exploration, sailing, fishing, shopping, riding bikes, sightseeing, golfing, swimming, eco tours, relaxing, reading, etc.
– Delicious continental breakfast ready when you wish so no time is wasted waiting in line at a small breakfast restaurant
Here are some helpful links to follow for detailed information before you make a decision on where to stay when visiting Nantucket:
Trip Advisor, Twitter, Google
Or just skip over that step and click on our Activities section (above) where you will find over 55 links to neighborhood restaurants, shops, activities, events/festival calendar as well as rates and availability.
Have a happy Nantucket visit!