|“Nantucket! Take out your map and look at it. See what a real corner of the world it occupies; how it stands there, away off shore, more lonely than the Eddystone lighthouse. Look at it-a mere hillock, and elbow of sand; all beach, without a background.”
Moby-Dick, Herman Melville, 1851
- Nantucket has 83 miles of pristine sand beaches. National Geographic has rated our beaches on its top ten in the world list!
- Nearly half of the Island land is undeveloped and explorable by trails
- There are 30 miles of bike paths and no stop lights
- Great restaurants, boutique shops & art galleries abound
- It has a wonderful Whaling Museum and historic architectural integrity–more 18th century houses still exist than anywhere else in the US
- It’s home to world class fishing, seal cruises, wooden sailboat races, and power boat displays
- You can see the brilliant Milky Way in the darkest skies on the East Coast
- The Long Tailed Duck migrations and great Gull displays rank among the top wonders of the natural world
|Come discover our little corner of the world and experience the uniqueness of Nantucket.