Daffodil Weekend (April 26-April 28) marks the beginning of the Nantucket season and heralds the summer to come.
Enjoy daffy costumes, antique cars on historic Main Street and then follow the parade to a picnic in Sconset.
Take in the antique car parade, the dog parade, the hat parade and the flower show.
How much more fun can you pack into an early spring weekend on Nantucket!!
The Sherburne Inn in historic downtown is perfectly located to be your weekend island base.
Check availability on line or call Susan at 508-228-4425 to help you with your reservation and make your on island arrangements for you.
If you come by fast ferry we can get you discounted ferry tickets!
Discounted Ferry Tickets for the 2013 Season just got cheaper!
Our partnership with the Steamship Authority Fast Ferry, Iyanough, is continuing through the 2013 Season at even more attractive rates. Sherburne Inn guests who book two or more nights at the Inn are eligible for a 25% discount on Adult round-trip tickets from Hyannis if we make your ferry reservation! For a couple this results in a $34 savings over the regular price. Please let us know you are interested in this promotion when you book your stay. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Call 888 577-4425 or 508-228-4425 for details
- The heart of downtown Nantucket
Visitors to Nantucket have lots of options for accommodations: from renting a house or cottage in-town or out-of-town, staying in one of several medium sized hotels, to staying at one of the many inns, bed and breakfasts or guest houses.
The Sherburne Inn offers not only a great location on a quiet one way street in historic downtown Nantucket but much much more! Here are some characteristics of guests who seem to especially delight in what the Sherburne Inn has to offer:
- Couples seeking a romantic getaway, a honeymoon, or celebrating a birthday
- Guests who like the charm of old buildings and friendly hosts
- Guests who want really comfortable beds in a meticulously clean room
- Guests who want to talk to knowledgeable hosts about what to do during their visit
- Guests who want private bathrooms en suite, free parking, luggage, gear and bike storage
- Guests who want unlimited free wireless access to the internet and a flat-screen HD TV
- First time island visitors who want to discover the essence of Nantucket
- Guests who don’t want to pack beach towels or beach chairs…we have them for you
- Guests who want to be able to easily walk to restaurants, shops and the harbor
- Guests who like the idea of breakfast delivered to your door each morning so you have the fun option of breakfast-in-bed or in the garden
- Guest who want an escape from kids and pets
You get the idea. Book with us if we seem like your cup of tea. We look forward to welcoming you to Nantucket year-round!
The 2011 Season concludes on a romantic note!
On a sunny mid-December Saturday afternoon, Ben from Newberryport, MA proposed to Christine!
Ben planned a champagne picnic at Madakat Beach, but changed his plan slightly when snow flurries were predicted. At Brant Point Lighthouse snuggled in the rocks with the lighthouse for wind protection, Ben asked the question on bended knee.
A very happy Christine said, ” yes!”
The newly engaged couple spent the rest of the afternoon celebrating at Cisco Brewery followed by dinner at LoLa’s with a stop in between at the Inn to show me the beautiful, sparkling diamond ring.
A joyful occasion to windup our 4th season as Innkeepers/Owners of the Sherburne Inn!