India Street, Nantucket
You have a lot of choices when thinking about accommodations on this popular resort island: hotels, inns, b&b’s, guest houses, rental houses and even several motels.
Since I am the owner/operator of one of the 45 Bed and Breakfast / Inns on Nantucket, I would highly recommend considering b&b lodging, particularly if you are planning on a 2-5 day visit to Nantucket without your young children.
Here are some suggestions for evaluating your choices when considering a Nantucket b&b/inn:
– Location, location, location
– Reputation, reviews, website appeal
– Your budget vs posted rates
– Personal priorities such as cleanliness, friendly staff, amenities, AC, private bathrooms, views
– Personal attention so you can customize your time on island to your interests–fine dining, beach exploration, sailing, fishing, shopping, riding bikes, sightseeing, golfing, swimming, eco tours, relaxing, reading, etc.
– Delicious continental breakfast ready when you wish so no time is wasted waiting in line at a small breakfast restaurant
Here are some helpful links to follow for detailed information before you make a decision on where to stay when visiting Nantucket:
Nantucket Lodging Association
Nantucket Chamber of Commerce
Nantucket Vistor’s Services
Nantucket Restaurant Guide
Trip Advisor, Twitter, Google
Or just skip over that step and click on our Activities section (above) where you will find over 55 links to neighborhood restaurants, shops, activities, events/festival calendar as well as rates and availability.
Have a happy Nantucket visit!